When you hire a professional to paint your home, you want to make sure they are qualified for the job. But how do you know you’re choosing the right company? Here are some steps to take before choosing a professional painter for your next home project:
- Do some research. Check their website for a description of their services, visit their Google or Yelp pages to make sure their customers have rated them positively, and don’t be afraid to call them directly to inquire about how long they’ve been in business.
- Ask if they need you to do any prep work before they begin the job. The ideal professional painter will not ask you to do a lot of work before they begin painting. They’ll likely ask that you clear the space to be painted of any furniture, so they have an open area to work in, and will handle the rest of the prep work themselves.
- Make sure they are clear about costs. We’ve all been there before – we go to pay for a service and after looking closely at the bill realize that extra fees were thrown in that we were never made aware of. Trustworthy painting companies will be up front and honest with you about their pricing and won’t add hidden fees to the cost of the job.
- Inquire about the possible existence of lead paint in your home. If you have a home built in the 1970’s or earlier, your painter might advise that you contact a lead expert before they begin work.
- Find out what type of paint they use. There’s little point to paying a professional to paint your home if the quality of product they use is substandard. Be sure to choose a company that uses only high-quality paint to ensure the job will be done beautifully and will last for many years.
- Ask about warranties. A smart painter will always warranty their work so that they don’t risk disappointing customers if accidents happen soon after they complete the job. The right painting contractor will provide a warranty that covers both labor and materials used.
Widespread Solutions is a local and family-owned Richmond, VA painting service provider specializing in historic, residential, and commercial painting. We have been in business for over 12 years and pride ourselves on providing top quality painting solutions to homeowners throughout the state. Contact us today to request an estimate or to learn more about the services we offer.